Give the comfort of a meal to families
Providing home-cooked meals to our guest families is an integral part of providing a “home-away-from-home.” This program helps alleviate food insecurity and lifts another worry from the shoulders of the families we serve.
Here are three ways YOU can be a Dinnertime Hero for families at Ronald McDonald House:
1 | Volunteer to Prepare a Meal
After a long pause on the traditional Dinnertime Heroes program, we are so excited to announce that we are now inviting volunteers back in to all three of our Valley Houses!
Please Click Here to Review Volunteer Guidelines
- To enhance social distancing, we are requiring that groups have no more than six volunteers.
- All volunteers must be fully vaccinated and will be required to show their vaccine card or a photo of their vaccine card when they check in to volunteer.
- Volunteers must be fever-free (under 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit) and not having any of the symptoms below:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Upon arrival, volunteers will be required to:
- Receive a temperature check and complete a COVID screening form upon arrival
- Sign an agreement acknowledging they may unknowingly be exposed to a person with COVID and that they agree to follow the health and safety protocols
- Wear a mask at all times while on property
- Maintain a distance of six feet from other families and staff and socially distancing from other dinner group volunteers as much as possible
- We are asking all dinner groups to provide individual containers to package meals.
- Beverages are not required but if they are provided, they must be individual cans or bottles.
2 | Donate to the Dinnertime Heroes Program
Even if you aren’t able to volunteer, you can support the Dinnertime Heroes program with a donation. These funds will help the House provide meals for families when a Dinnertime Heroes team is not available. Even better, gifts made to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central and Northern Arizona are tax deductible.
3 | Donate Food Gift Cards to Families
Food gift cards are also an excellent way to support our Dinnertime Heroes program. Whether it is to a grocery store or nearby restaurant, gift cards help families grab food on the go and get any specialty items they may need.
Grocery Stores and Restaurants Near Cambridge & Roanoke
- Food City
- Burger King
- Einstein Bagels
- Fired Pie Pizza
- Panera Bread
- Pei Wei
- Taco Bell
Grocery Stores and Restaurants Near Dobson
- Boston Market
- Firehouse Subs
- Jack In the Box
- Jimmy John’s
- Pita Jungle
- Raising Canes
- Sonic Drive-Thru
- Taco Bell
To donate a gift card, please contact our Volunteer Manager Jen Donnelly at email@example.com or use the link below to purchase a gift card Amazon.