We are excited to welcome our Dinnertime Heroes back!
Providing home-cooked meals to our guest families is an integral part of providing a “home-away-from-home” so we are so excited to announce that we are now inviting our Dinnertime Heroes back in to all three of our Valley Houses!
In order to provide this comfort while keeping our guests and volunteers safe, volunteers will be asked to adhere to the following guidelines:
- To enhance social distancing, we are requiring that groups have no more than four volunteers.
- All volunteers must be fully vaccinated and will be required to show their vaccine card or a photo of their vaccine card when they check in to volunteer.
- Volunteers must be fever-free (under 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit) and not having any of the symptoms below:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Upon arrival, volunteers will be required to:
- Receive a temperature check and complete a COVID screening form upon arrival
- Sign an agreement acknowledging they may unknowingly be exposed to a person with COVID and that they agree to follow the health and safety protocols
- Wear a mask at all times while on property
- Maintain a distance of six feet from other families and staff and socially distancing from other dinner group volunteers as much as possible
- We are asking all dinner groups to provide individual containers to package meals.
- Beverages are not required but if they are provided, they must be individual cans or bottles.
Even if you aren’t able to volunteer at this time, you can still support the Dinnertime Heroes program by making a donation. These funds will help the House provide meals for families when a Dinnertime Heroes team is not available.