The July morning started out just like any other day. Ana headed off to work at a nearby nursing home in Yuma, Arizona. When she left that morning, Ana didn’t know she wouldn’t be returning home that evening. In fact, she wouldn’t be returning home for months. As the day went on, Ana started feeling off. Pregnant with her first child, she knew that something wasn’t right. After a trip the ER, Ana was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and underwent an emergency cesarean section. On July 16th, Ana gave birth to her first child, a daughter named Valeria. Continue Reading Promising Togetherness: Valeria’s Story...
News, Event Updates, Annual Reports and Stories.
Have holiday expenses cut into your giving budget? Arizona has a unique opportunity to contribute to Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central and Northern Arizona (RMHCCNAZ) with a dollar-for-dollar reduction in your state taxes. The maximum contribution allowed is $800 for married Continue Reading Eligible Arizona Charitable Tax Credit Gifts to the House...
As first-time parents, Jaycee and Wyatt from Sunflower, Arizona expected to encounter a few surprises while awaiting their baby boy, but nothing prepared the young couple for this. While visiting her parents in Payson, Arizona, Jaycee was experiencing elevated blood pressure, something that concerned her firefighter friend. After a trip to the ER, doctors sent Jaycee directly to St. Joseph’s Hospital where she was diagnosed with HELLP syndrome, Continue Reading Safe Place to Land: Bo’s Story...
In a year marked with many moments we’d probably rather forget, I like the idea of celebrating the moments that did bring us joy, these silver linings, so-to-speak. For it is in the moments that brought us the biggest challenges that we were also given the opportunity to grow, learn, and achieve what we never thought possible. So to you, my Ronald McDonald House family, think of this as the highlight reel of our year Continue Reading Kerry’s Corner: December 2020...
Ronald McDonald House Charities© of Central and Northern Arizona (RMHCCNAZ) has much to celebrate. Over the weekend, the Phoenix-based organization hosted its inaugural “Hearts & Hands Celebration” in a new, virtual fashion – one that proved to be a smashing success. “This year brought a lot of challenges,” stated Kerry Schulman, Chief Executive Officer. “But the challenges faced by the families we serve are much greater. The Hearts & Hands Celebration Continue Reading Hearts & Hands Celebration Raises Over $570,000...
Sumer’s mom, Yulie, describes her teenage daughter as sassy and social, but also sensitive and empathetic. Like other high schoolers, she loves music, shopping and most of all, dancing. But Sumer’s time of being a “normal” teenager changed in the spring of 2018 when she began having drug-resistant seizures, sometimes up to 10 a day. Yulie and Sumer’s dad, Francisco, were desperate for answers, so they scheduled an appointment with specialists at Phoenix Children’s Hospital Continue Reading Comforts of Home: Sumer’s Story...
In the News
- ‘Hearts & Hands’ Campaign Raises $570,000+ for Ronald McDonald House // Frontdoors Media, November 19, 2020
- Hearts & Hands Celebration // AZ Red Book, November 12, 2020
- Bashas’ Raises $132,000 for Families Seeking Stays at Arizona Ronald McDonald Houses // Frontdoors Media, October 22, 2020
- Ronald McDonald House in Phoenix Gets Makeover // Fox 10 Phoenix, September 22, 2020
- La-Z-Boy is a proud partner of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central and Northern Arizona // Sonoran Living, September 10, 2020
- D-backs’ Stephen Vogt, family make donation to Ronald McDonald House // Arizona Sports, August 26, 2020
- How Ronald McDonald House is Helping Families During the Pandemic // The Social Television Network, July 20, 2020
- In The Community – Ronald McDonald House // Waste Management Phoenix Open, May, 2020
- Amrock is a Champion for Ronald McDonald House Families // Amrock, April 29, 2020
- ‘Homes away from home’ // Yuma Sun, March 6, 2020
- PGA Birdies for Good // AZ Redbook, March 4, 2020
- Glendale resident namec to McDonald House charities leadership role // Daily Independent, January 13, 2020
- Bringing the holiday spirit to families at the Ronald McDonald House // AZ Family, December 16, 2019
- McNight to Remember Gala Chairmen Discuss Importance of Organization // Scottsdale Magazine, November 27, 2019
- Cheers to the Chairs // Frontdoors Magazine, November 6, 2019
- A McNight to Remember // AZ Redbook, November 21, 2019
- On the move // AZ Big Media, October 28, 2019
- Ronald McDonald House names Central and Northern Arizona CEO // Phoenix Business Journal, September 24, 2019
- On the move // AZ Big Media, September 25, 2019
- Kerry Schulman Named CEO of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central and Northern Arizona // Frontdoors Media, September 25, 2019
- Nancy Roach Retires From Ronald McDonald House Charities After Nearly 20 Years; National Search Planned // Frontdoors Media, June 18, 2019
- Arizona Gives Day: Ronald McDonald House // AZ Family, April 2, 2019
- On the move // AZ Big Media, March 13, 2019
- Kerry Schulman Named Chief Operations Officer at Ronald McDonald House Charities // My Local News, March 13, 2019