As Arizonans continue to navigate the impacts of coronavirus, many stepped up in a big way to help families seeking medical care for their critically ill or injured children. This August, Bashas’ Family of Stores hosted a fundraiser benefitting Ronald McDonald House Charities® at all Bashas’ and Food City stores statewide. Continue Reading Bashas’ Raises $132,000 for the House...
News, Event Updates, Annual Reports and Stories.
At just 14-years-old, Elijah has spent more time in a hospital than most people spend in their lifetime. Born with a congenital heart defect, the teenager has undergone six open heart surgeries. This past August, after he started fainting, Elijah was diagnosed with heart failure, resulting in another surgery to replace a valve. Doctors then discovered a blood clot in his brain that required an additional surgery. Continue Reading Keeping Close: Elijah’s Story...
You may have heard the enthusiasts raving that pumpkin spice everything is back for Fall. But in Arizona, we know that Autumn doesn’t truly come around for a couple more months, or at least until temperatures are consistently below 90 degrees. Here in the Valley of the Sun, we’re still experiencing the dog days of summer. And although I’ve been enjoying the slightly cooler temperatures the past week, I know were not quite out of the doghouse yet. Continue Reading Kerry’s Corner: October 2020...
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central and Northern Arizona (RMHCCNAZ), a local nonprofit providing a “home-away-from-home” for families traveling to the Valley to receive medical care for their child, has announced the appointment of two new members to its Board of Directors. Ginger Sykes Torres and Michael Cyrino were Continue Reading Ronald McDonald House Announces New Board Members...
For our Guest Services Manager Bev, working at Ronald McDonald House® is more than just a job. It is a work of heart. That’s because Bev knows exactly what it’s like to be far from home when your child is sick. At two-years old Bev’s daughter Dannielle was diagnosed with a one-in-a-million heart issue. As a single mom with two other kids, Bev and her family found themselves hundreds of miles from home during extremely stressful circumstances Continue Reading A Work of Heart: Bev’s Story...
Progress is defined as the forward or onward movement toward a destination. Progress assures us that we are not standing still and that there are places to go. As uncertain and unprecedented as the past few months have been, we have all held on to every sign or inkling that made us feel like we were making progress, that we were moving forward. Continue Reading Kerry’s Corner: September 2020...
In the News
- Bashas’ Raises $132,000 for Families Seeking Stays at Arizona Ronald McDonald Houses // Frontdoors Media, October 22, 2020
- La-Z-Boy is a proud partner of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central and Northern Arizona // Sonoran Living, September 10, 2020
- D-backs’ Stephen Vogt, family make donation to Ronald McDonald House // Arizona Sports, August 26, 2020
- How Ronald McDonald House is Helping Families During the Pandemic // The Social Television Network, July 20, 2020
- In The Community – Ronald McDonald House // Waste Management Phoenix Open, May, 2020
- Amrock is a Champion for Ronald McDonald House Families // Amrock, April 29, 2020
- ‘Homes away from home’ // Yuma Sun, March 6, 2020
- PGA Birdies for Good // AZ Redbook, March 4, 2020
- Glendale resident namec to McDonald House charities leadership role // Daily Independent, January 13, 2020
- Bringing the holiday spirit to families at the Ronald McDonald House // AZ Family, December 16, 2019
- McNight to Remember Gala Chairmen Discuss Importance of Organization // Scottsdale Magazine, November 27, 2019
- Cheers to the Chairs // Frontdoors Magazine, November 6, 2019
- A McNight to Remember // AZ Redbook, November 21, 2019
- On the move // AZ Big Media, October 28, 2019
- Ronald McDonald House names Central and Northern Arizona CEO // Phoenix Business Journal, September 24, 2019
- On the move // AZ Big Media, September 25, 2019
- Kerry Schulman Named CEO of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central and Northern Arizona // Frontdoors Media, September 25, 2019
- Nancy Roach Retires From Ronald McDonald House Charities After Nearly 20 Years; National Search Planned // Frontdoors Media, June 18, 2019
- Arizona Gives Day: Ronald McDonald House // AZ Family, April 2, 2019
- On the move // AZ Big Media, March 13, 2019
- Kerry Schulman Named Chief Operations Officer at Ronald McDonald House Charities // My Local News, March 13, 2019