How to Stay
Eligibility and Admission Process
For a family’s first stay at RMHC Central and Northern Arizona, arrangements and referrals must be made in advance through the Social Services Department at the medical facility where the child is being seen, a physician’s office or by their staff. The medical representative should call our office at (602) 264-2654 between 9 AM and 9 PM as far in advance of your stay as possible.
Check-in and check-out hours are daily 9 AM to 9 PM
Because we must manage our occupancy around the uncertainty of illness and medical treatment, we may experience sudden, unpredictable room shortages. For that reason, please call 602-264-2654 at least 24 hours in advance of your planned arrival and check-in day to ensure space is still available.
Requirements to Stay
- The child receiving treatment at a local medical facility (whether inpatient or outpatient) must not have reached their 22nd birthday.
- The child’s permanent residence must be outside a 30-mile radius of Ronald McDonald House.
- All children under the age of 18 must be with their legal guardian while on the House property at all times.
Who May Stay
- Any family member or person who will provide support for the child.
Fees for Stay
- $15 per room per night
- $20 cleaning deposit (This fee is payable upon check-in and will be refunded upon check-out if the room is properly cleaned.)
Medical Facilities Served
- Banner Desert Medical Center (Cardon Children’s Medical Center)
- Banner University Medical Center
- CRS Clinic
- Maricopa Medical Center
- Mayo Clinic
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Phoenix Indian Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Hospital
Ronald McDonald House opens its doors to up to 78 families each night, which requires a tremendous effort from our staff, volunteers, other families and very generous community donors. To provide for the health and safety of everyone involved, all families are asked to observe our House rules and Infectious Disease Policy. Ronald McDonald House reserves the right to ask any family to check out at any time should it be considered necessary to preserve the health, well-being and safety of the other families at the House.